Wednesday, March 19, 2008

How to spy on what your friends are reading

My good buddy iKate tagged me with this meme, which is fun! And reading everyone else's responses is giving me some good ideas re: what to read next. Always helpful. Thanks, guys. :)

So, here goes!
The Rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book of 123 (or more) pages.
The Confessions of Max Tivoli. Reading this next, after I finish The Appeal, by Grisham. Which is by my bathtub; hence, why it wasn't the closest.

2. Open the book to page 123 and find the 5th sentence.
"I've lived here my whole life."

3. Post the next 3 sentences.
Her eyes widened. "Don't tell me it was South Park...."
"Not South Park," I lied.

4. Tag 5 people.
Ummm...I dunno. You wanna do it? DO IT!

4 comments:

essjay said...

Darn it - ANOTHER book to add to the list!!!

Carrie said...

okay, so I don't have a book near me, but the last ones I read were these vampire books for teenagers - the Eclipse series by Stephanie Meyer. and I LOVED THEM.

Jen said...

Ooh, yay--thanks, Miss Carrie! I so need something fun to add to the list!

Leigha said...

Hmmm....

"He laved her heaving mounds through her thin cotton chemise and..."

Wait. You don't want THAT kind of book. Ahem.

From The Red Tent:

"They debated Jacob's worries and plans. Should he attack? Was it a mistake to send a messenger to Esau?"